Todays Project - What did you do today?
There's always the harbor freight kit!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2020, 12:34 AM)Vinny Wrote: There's always the harbor freight kit!

That's what she said. Rotfl

I looked at the materials and how they are held together and told her I'm not going to waste my time. The first good wind around here would topple it like a house of cards. The flimsy panels just lay against the frame and are held with bent paperclips basically. So I ordered a "Monticello" kit instead hoping that it will remain standing for a couple of years at least without getting blown apart.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Today's project- a new box for the mag sine chuck I bought last year.

I guess the old box did it's job by absorbing all the damage when the auctioneer's makeshift table it was on (along with a heap of micrometers and the like) collapsed and dumped everything onto the concrete. The sine chuck has been amongst a pile of stuff cluttering up my casting bench, I have a casting project in the offing so it was time to move this one along.

[attachment=16613]
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
Want to build another box Pete.
Finished my sine plate. The strap was a bugger to figure out to have it stay below the surface.
[Image: Vq3IcgIIm0LU72038JjDSlAq4fNmJir9CKaSCtkz...2-h1179-no]

[Image: jLvUQu4MF-V8rDOaYu2TzWVYQu-mCv4SHgl_iZNl...2-h1179-no]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Not the greatest pic and too late to get a better one..  A friend of mine had a bearing seize on his trailer and they wanted around $900 for a replacement spindle.So he got a hunk of hot rolled around 4 or 4-1/2" dia and we turned it down... and turned... and turned...  till we finally got it.  There were multiple steps for rear seal, outer bearing, inner bearing, then the threaded end.  Afterward there was the milling of the flat, then the drilling of the hole for the cotter pin.   So here it is, what you can see of it..

[Image: spindle1.jpg]
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Yup, looks like a spindle to me. Smiley-signs107
Willie
Thanks given by:
(05-22-2020, 06:32 PM)Highpower Wrote: Yup, looks like a spindle to me.  Smiley-signs107

Albeit a rather small one. Big Grin

Smiley-signs107

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
It's just a matter of perspective. That crack in the floor is an inch wide...
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
What is the flat for?  Given it has a cotter pin hole for holding the nut on I cannot see any use for the flat.
Thanks given by:
I finally connected up my bore hole pump to provide free water for the wife's horticultural activities.

Desperate for a source of cooling for my Induction Furnace as my 39 KW water chiller had died, and knowing that there was an abandoned bore hole on the farm 'somewhere' that had been used for public water supply up to 1962 before abandonment due to high iron content, I made intensive attempts to open a 24" manhole that we haven't been able to get in for the thirteen years that we've been here. It was rusted solid - ended up breaking the concrete surround to expose a darn great hole full of water!

I've measured it as 174 foot deep, and it;s not just a bore, it's VAST - opens up to about 6 foot diameter, and according to the records was sunk in 1922 when it was producing 150,000 gallons a day!!!!!! It is slightly artesian and with the man hole unblocked started to flow over - so much that I've had to incorporate an over flow pipe to our stream!

I've made a new furnace cooler based on a humongous heat exchanger.

Full story here:

https://madmodder.net/index.php/topic,13100.100.html

Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by: