Todays Project - What did you do today?
What are the manufactured logs Dave? Sawdust?
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(08-16-2012, 01:18 PM)f350ca Wrote: What are the manufactured logs Dave? Sawdust?
Those you can see are 50% cardboard and 50% wood-chips and saw dust (roughly)
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Yup Dave, logs can git ya, for sure.

Happened in Sept. 2011, broke the fibula.
I was lucky, I walked (hobbled) out of the woods.
Still bothers me a bit but it is slowly getting better.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Steve,
Now that's bad, glad you have nearly recovered.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
This fire wood is a bit of a dangerous hobby Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I spent my morning at the Doctors having various tests
My blood pressure is not good
Time to take stock and have a serious think about life
Smoking will be the first thing to stop679967996799
John
Thanks given by:
John,
Well that isn't so good. I assume your blood pressure is high.
Like you say with care and a bit of medication it can be managed quite successfully.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Well I must say, you guys and your adventures in wood splitting can give a person cause to pull up a chair open a beer and seriously contemplate such an adventure before getting to excited about it.Chin well a six pack anyway!Smiley-eatdrink004

John,
you take care now.
I rather enjoy your mining adventure and look forward to going on more adventures like it with you. Big Grin

As for me went to the attorneys today and signed papers regarding my ankle, it's official I can start looking for a new job.

My current employer has chosen not to take me back do to my 50lb. lifting
limitation.

Jerry.Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Today I started working on trying to salvage an AK scope mount for a guy I used to work with. The cast steel "T-bar" was originally riveted to the top of a sheet metal "U" channel, which is spot welded to the stamped steel receiver cover. Apparently the T-bar had worked it's way loose and was wobbling around. So he took it to a friend of his who "fixed" it for him by welding the tops of the rivets to the T-bar.

The first problem was trying to weld a steel bracket to a pair of aluminum rivets. Bash
The second problem was putting so much heat and weld bead into it that it completely filled in the holes and warped the bracket.

I ground down the welds, milled out the remainder of the rivets, and milled the bottom of the bracket to get it flat again. Now I've got to make up a thin steel plate that I can insert under the "U" channel and drill and tap it for mounting screws. There is no way to access that area to install new rivets after the cover has been welded together. Sadno

So now I'm waiting on raw material to be delivered. Smiley-signs131
Willie
Thanks given by:
Didn't build a thing today, installed a bigger fuel tank in the boat then the kids and I went diving in one of the local lakes, had a great time. Will see what shots Charlie got with his camera.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Get back to building things Greg! Since I have chosen to live my life vicariously through you and I have such a long to do list you can't be just havin' fun!
Good idea to bring along a camera man though.
Did you scope out some of those submerged logs you've been thinking about?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by: