Todays Project - What did you do today?
I had to work until noon, but then came home and worked on the Chevelle. The annual Woodward Dream Cruise is tomorrow and I had a few last minute tasks to take care of on the beast. I mounted the rear bumper valance that I painted earlier in the week, color sanded and buffed the drivers side of the car and detailed the inside, outside and engine compartment. It's complete enough this year that I may actually display it with the hood open.

The Dream Cruise is the largest cruise in the world, with over a million people attending and around 40,000 classic cars cruising up and down Woodward Avenue between Ferndale and Pontiac Michigan. I'll post some pics tomorrow night.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
We need pics Tom!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(08-18-2012, 05:56 AM)Mayhem Wrote: We need pics Tom!

Hey Tom let me get this.
Darren, the lttle blue "Chevelle" is a link to all sorts of pics.Pcwhack
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(08-18-2012, 06:26 AM)stevec Wrote: Hey Tom let me get this.
Darren, the lttle blue "Chevelle" is a link to all sorts of pics.Pcwhack

I know that Steve but Tom said that he is now ready to show it with the hood up, so I was thinking of pictures of his work today.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Ooops! SorrySlaphead
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
OK, here are a couple of pics showing the work I did yesterday.

The Woodward Cruise was amazing this year, perfect weather and lots of great cars. I'm currently allowing my right leg to recuperate after the abuse it took from the Center-Force clutch this morning but I'll probably go back again later with my son. Here are a few pics from the cruise:

Woodward Dream Cruise 2012

Tom

[Image: 031.JPG]

[Image: 011.JPG]

[Image: 037.JPG]
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Very Nice Tom.
Not a productive day here, had the usual Saturday morning coffee crowd, then was going to saw some Butternut logs I had. Spent way too long drilling out a grade 8 bolt that broke in the belt tightener, got that fixed and two cuts latter the fuel filter plugged up so we're down till Monday when we can find a filter. Had used a piece of mystery hose for a pickup in the fuel tank, may have been air line, it went soft and fell off the fitting in the tank. Suspect that created sludge that plugged the used filter I'm using. Beter in the filter than the injector pump or injectors.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Ain't sludge insidious!
Ooops, that is some sweet ride Tom!Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
Great looking Chevelle Tom, my son has a 71 SS in red (454 Auto).
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Your right leg was abused by the clutch? 17428

And historical plates? Thanks for making me feel older than I already am. Rotfl

I had a '71 for a number of years. I still miss driving it. No monster funny car clutch though. Work smart - not hard. (B&M Powerslide.) Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by: