Domed plastic lenses (how to)
You know that if the boiling water doesn't work for you, you can also use a standard kitchen oven which gives a greater range of temperatures. The appropriate temperature for the plastic in question is usually published on the web some place, use the name on the protective paper or plastic film and google it for this info , otherwise do a test at 100 C and work up to higher temps if you find that the plastic is too rigid, or of course go cooler if it gets too floppy.
Regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2012, 08:22 AM)SnailPowered Wrote: If you don't have MS Word you can download Libre Office. It's a full suite of programs like MS Office except it's free because it was designed for Linux based OS. I have never had a problem running them on MS Windoze though. Thumbsup

That is true and I use Libre Office myself. Probably everyone already has a software program already installed on their computer to read PDF files so that's why I decided to attach the PDF file.

Thanks for pointing out the Libre Office option though. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
True, and Adobe reader is free but sometimes it annoys me that I can't alter my PDF files. Hopefully that will save someone a few bucks if they were needing an Office Suite and allow them to get a cool new tool to share pictures of with us Rotfl

Smiley-eatdrink004
Elijah
SnailPowered, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Aug 2012.
Thanks given by:
Well that was the original point of PDF was it not?17428
A universal viewer on which all users see the same image regardless of their user settings with very limited capacity to change someone elses file in order to maintain control over ones important documents.

I could be very wrong but that was my impression.Chin

I was going to use "open office" on my shiny new netbook that I got for Dad's Day a couple of days ago but found Microsoft office "startup version" which is apparently free to use indefinately and apart from not saving to a PDFRant and excel not allowing frozen panesRant it seems to do everything I need so I'll be working within those restrictions for a bit I think.

Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
Rick,

You can download a free program called CutePDF and it will allow you to create PDF files with just about any program. It acts as a printer so you need to print the file you want to convert to PDF and select CutePDF as the printer but instead of printing out the file it saves the file to your hard drive as a PDF file. I've been using it for years and it works great.

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Hope this helps some.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I also use CutePDF and it does indeed work great!
SnailPowered, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Aug 2012.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Ed,

I used to use Cute PDF a couple of laptops ago, thanks for the reminder.

Rick
Thanks given by: