The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Simple bender - 6mm - 1/4" capacity
I was painting today and ran out of hooks to hang things from, so I made a few. I decided I'd post some pics of the bender that I made, as it does get a lot of use and is very simply to throw together. It isn't my design and I cannot recall where I saw it originally.

It is very simple to make with a block that is held in a vise containing two 10mm rods and a handle, containing another 10mm rod. The handle has a 10mm hole, allowing it to pivot around one of the rods on the base. The other holes allow it to be hung on a peg board. It will bend rod or flat bar up to 6mm and is very useful for hooks, brackets and linkages etc. The 10mm rods are actually the non-threaded sections of old bolts and are simply welded into place.

Whilst the measurements are not critical, I have drawn up plans for what I made on the fly but I'm having issues converting them to pdf. So, I'll post the dwg file and hope it all works. I'm not much of a drawer, so feel free to point out mistakes and suggest changes etc.

Now for some pics (I know how much you like pics!):

The two parts

Handle slips over block

Hook being bent

Drawing

.dwg   Basic bender.dwg (Size: 39.1 KB / Downloads: 31)

Attached Files
.pdf   Basic bender.pdf (Size: 11.13 KB / Downloads: 48)
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: Highpower

Messages In This Thread
Simple bender - 6mm - 1/4" capacity - by Mayhem - 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM
RE: Simple bender - 6mm capacity - by Highpower - 12-01-2012, 10:48 AM
RE: Simple bender - 6mm capacity - by stevec - 12-01-2012, 04:48 PM
RE: Simple bender - 6mm capacity - by EdK - 12-01-2012, 06:13 PM
RE: Simple bender - 6mm capacity - by sasquatch - 12-01-2012, 07:16 PM
RE: Simple bender - 6mm capacity - by Mayhem - 12-01-2012, 09:11 PM