The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Stupid Old Man
Want to talk about stupid last week when home I got to play around with the new lathe, made a few cuts andf was very happy with the way it performed, nothying spectacular in machine work just enjough to check out the most of the functions. Been away for a week and got back home worked on the truck a bit then had some time to wash most of ther packing grease off the lathe. Used diesel and it worked admirablky well. Thought I would start on the motor project I picked, went to true up and size the block and could not get the lathe to work. Strange it was working when I left, nobody else in the garage/shop but the xyl and I know she wasn't playimg with it. Spent about an hour checking out the foot brake and electrics etc, puzzling I just could not get it to run until I found the stupid operator left the guard over the chuck up. Yes siree that will do it, never before used a modern lathe with all the safety cutoffs so that it will meet OSHA specs. Talk about an amateur, hopefully my memory will not let me make that mistake again hihi . Result being I did not get anything done, will sure take a while to accomplish anything at that rate. tom

Posts are coming a little slow __ come on guys pitter patter lets get at her
Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
thousand of tools+tooling pieces 40 yrs of collecting
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Stupid Old Man - by TOM REED - 03-03-2012, 03:12 AM
RE: STUPID OLD MAN - by DaveH - 03-03-2012, 08:37 AM
RE: STUPID OLD MAN - by EdK - 03-03-2012, 09:46 AM