How to Wind a Coil Spring on the Metal Lathe
(06-29-2013, 10:33 PM)Mayhem Wrote:
(06-28-2013, 06:33 PM)chucketn Wrote: ...Marv explains his programs don't run under Windoz. He recommends a DOS emulator program called DosBox. The spring programs run fine on Windoz under DosBox...

Hi Chuck - nice to see you over here. Thanks for reminding me about DOSBox. I downloaded it years ago and had forgotten about it. Just tried it and both programmes worked fine. I'll have to see what else Marv has on his site (I recall there being a long, long list!).

Is there a way to program a script that will open DOSBox and mount a drive? I intend to make a specific directory just for programs that require DOSBox to run.

Maybe something like this?

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Basic_Setup_a...uick_start

Quick start
You can save yourself some time by having DOSBox automatically MOUNT your folders and change the drive to C:. In original DOS based operating systems a file called AUTOEXEC.BAT contained any commands that the user wanted executed every time the computer booted up. This functionality is simulated by the [autoexec] section of the dosbox.conf file.
For DOSBox versions older than 0.73 browse into program installation folder and open the dosbox.conf file in any text editor. For version 0.73 go to Start Menu and click on "Configuration" and then "Edit Configuration". Then scroll down to the very end, and add these lines:
MOUNT C C:\OLDGAMES
C:
Now those commands will be executed automatically when starting! If you're having trouble with that, make sure it looks like this (look at the bottom):
Thanks given by: Mayhem

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Wind a Coil Spring on the Metal Lathe - by arvidj - 06-30-2013, 08:24 PM