Harbor Freight #623 Dial Indicator
I have a few "Draper" brand Dial indicators, bought as a quick "get out of jail measure" when traveling to the UK with certain engineering projects in 2003,

I have used them as my everyday dial gauges since, Draper stuff is pretty much bottom feeder tooling that most guys in tool rooms snigger about, but as Jack has said. these have butter smooth movements relatively good fittings and fixtures, that is; metal bezels and screws where Mitutoyo often uses plastic bezels and plastic knobbed screws, and having been used and abused by certain "Monkey fisted" mechanics that I used to employ they still work well, And finally the scales seem easier to read in bad lighting.

Regards
Rick

Incidentally when one of the Monkey fisted guys borrowed my favorite Set of Mercer guages without permission; obviously, then dropped one, it took hours to straighten out the bezel the damage is now imperceivable but the Draper put up with that treatment daily from the same guy for maybe a year and no damage visible.
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harbor Freight #623 Dial Indicator - by EdK - 07-07-2013, 10:56 AM
RE: Harbor Freight #623 Dial Indicator - by Rickabilly - 08-23-2013, 12:59 PM