New part for the Cinci lead screw support
the grain modifier that I put in the pot besides the copper was a titanium boron mix that is used to control the grain size in the aluminum during cooling. the copper if you get above 15 percent will turn it into a bearing material and which can become so hard that you can't machine it. the commercial grain modifiers come in many different types and delivery packages (I have some that is in table form some in what looks like aluminum wire with gauge marks on the side so you can dose the pot with the right amount.

My burner, well its my burner I throwed it together out if a vacuum cleaner blower from a big shop vac, (you need something that moves lots of air, because its not all oxygen) and a syphon nozzle, and yes it burns oils as well as gas, most of the time if I am doing just aluminum I just use gas, doing big brass/bronze pours I will use both, with Cast Iron any size pour get both.

I also have a standard Naturally Aspirated 1" burner, an another tube that fits the Vac Motor which just does gas, no sense in limiting myself guess thats why I have three furnaces.

It works for me, if it will work for you I don't know, the one thing that I looked at when trying to go oil was what can I buy so I don't have to re-engineer the whole world of combustion to make it work. just my thoughts, some people get lucky and hit on a combination of fittings and such that work and work great and I've seen and watched people go thru trials and tribulations to no end trying to make a burner becasue they think they can re-make the wheel.
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by: Mayhem

Messages In This Thread
RE: New part for the Cinci lead screw support - by dallen - 08-17-2013, 09:52 AM