The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Idea drip coolant for a lathe
Well since cleaning up the 12" Atlas I thought now is time to make one of those drip coolant set up that a old Navy Machinist had on his lathe. Mr. Earl Beebe was his name RIP my friend. He had called me to fix his A/c unit, it had locked up a condensor fan motor and the compressor burned up. So he says while your here I think that A-coil is clogged up it leaks in the basement. well his A-coil pan was rusted out. He warned me he had a lot of "junk" down there. Well that ain't junk! that's good old American made tools! Well I had to tell him hold off on the tool talk till I get this A/C going and we can test the A/C out and play with the tools then one of those long days but it went by fast! So it has been a good 15 years since I've seen it, tin cans, copper tubing and 1/4" valves, one was for coolant and the other was cutting oil for threading.
Anyone have a set up like that???? Can you post pics??? I'm thinking plastic and flex-loc-line, tin cans have a latex lining nowadays. But you know copper and tin worked for Earl 50+ years!
oldgoaly, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2013.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
drip coolant for a lathe - by oldgoaly - 08-05-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: drip coolant for a lathe - by PixMan - 08-09-2013, 01:24 PM
RE: drip coolant for a lathe - by oldgoaly - 08-09-2013, 03:11 PM
RE: drip coolant for a lathe - by Micktoon - 08-09-2013, 04:51 PM
RE: drip coolant for a lathe - by oldgoaly - 08-10-2013, 02:01 PM