The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Plasma Cutter Circle Cutting Jig Mod
I constantly use the Miller/Hypertherm after market circle cutting jog for the plasma cutter, whether you buy it from Miller or Hyperthem, its the same kit, in a different box. The problem with it is that it is sold as all or nothing, no replacement parts, if you lose or break it, you need to buy another one.

Inside the rotating nozzle head, there is a plastic collar assembly that rotates inside the head assembly, that hold the nozzle rigidly vertical, but allows it to rotate to make the cut. These plastic pieces melt at an alarming rate, so today I made the collars out of aluminum. Not a huge project, but as the basic kit is $150 and the deluxe kit is about $230, 25 minutes with a lathe and a scrap chunk of aluminum, I made 2 of them and I'm back in operation.

The only original I got left, with black collar assembly, and the modified one with the aluminum collar

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

jack
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Plasma Cutter Circle Cutting Jig Mod - by the penguin - 08-31-2013, 08:00 PM