Idea Foundry machine squeeze jolt
Hello,
Now that is an interesting flypress, Three legs? and cast directly onto the table/base. As a self confessed Flypress geek I need to see more, also any cool tooling you might have for it.

It's only fair you showed me yours so...

A big and a little "Sweeney and Blocksidge" and the one on the four legged cast iron stand is a Denbigh, the Denbigh makes some big force with more than twice the ball weight as the big Blocksidge.

You seem to be missing your "stop nut" does the shaft have the fine vee thread for a stop nut or only the big square thread, most fly presses have both threads but I've not seen three cast legs either so...#

As for th original question, I used a pneumatic palm nailer for certain hammering jobs for a while and might be some form of solution for your needs, the idea is the nailer uses normal nails that slip up the tube and stay by use of a magnet, you then push the nail tip against the surface you wish to nail it into and with a little force the pneumatic cylinder is activated hammering the nail in much the same way as a pneumatic chisel, but the force is controlled by how hard you push the nailer rather than by a trigger or other controller, Mine came from Axminster tools and was a Chinese import, it saved my back of a few miles worth of wear but it stayed with the business I left.

This address will show you something much the same,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silverline-Air...3f1cbc2736

Best regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by oldgoaly - 08-31-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by Rickabilly - 09-01-2013, 02:58 PM
RE: Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by oldgoaly - 09-01-2013, 03:25 PM
RE: Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by Rickabilly - 09-01-2013, 03:42 PM
RE: Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by oldgoaly - 09-01-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by Rickabilly - 09-01-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by oldgoaly - 09-01-2013, 05:57 PM
RE: Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by Rickabilly - 09-01-2013, 07:16 PM