The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

One of my LEAST favorite jobs to do....
Sad 
....Fixing someone else's screw ups.
Especially when it comes to screw heads.

Somebody tried to "adjust" this Remington trigger by shoving a tapered screwdriver down into the slot of this stop screw, and twisting with everything they had. The first mistake they made was not removing the cement (thread locking compound) from the screw and housing. That resulted in shearing off half of the screw head down inside the threaded hole.

Acetone, a heat gun and a lot of digging with a scribe finally removed all of the cement (because it was hard as concrete) so that I could remove all the screws. Coaxing the broken screw out with the scribe was fun. Rolleyes

I ground off the remaining half of the screw head, which shortened it by 3 threads. The tiny little 6-40 stop screw was too short to fit in my slotting jig so i had to drill and tap a short piece of rod to use as an extension / holder. Then filed a new slot down the center.

An hour of my life I'll never get back because of some bonehead. Some people shouldn't be allowed to own hand tools. Or Dremel tools... Rotfl

[Image: th_6-40Stop_Screw.jpg] [Image: th_Screw_Slotting_Jig.jpg] [Image: th_40-XTrigger_Housing.jpg]
Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
One of my LEAST favorite jobs to do.... - by Highpower - 10-04-2013, 11:03 PM