The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Mitutoyo DRO problems
I had a bit of a scare yesterday when I turned on the DRO on my mill.
The display started it`s normal blinking of 8s that it does before it stabilizes and then I normally zero each scale and I`m good to go.
Yesterday it wouldn`t zero and the decimal point just sorta flickered.
After pushing the on/off button a couple of times it started to work but didn't last.
I removed the cover after checking the power cord and fuse, I was expecting it might be a bit of corrosion on contacts eventually I jumpered the on off switch and the DRO stabilized and started to work properly. Before taking out the double pole on/off switch I decided to jumper a load across the poles on the DRO side of the switch. I chose a 13W CFL bulb for lack of a more suitable light load.
After that every time I turned the DRO on it lit the light and worked as it had in the past.

I'm suspecting the switch contacts are a bit corroded or coated and because the DRO draws so little current the contact(s) were unstable.
With the added load of the light the contact seems to be more definite.
Does anyone have a different diagnosis?

I suppose I should change the switch but I doubt if I'll be able to get an exact replacement so it'll require a bit of modification. But then,
I can always use more light in the shop so the light bulb may just stay there. Blush

Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Mitutoyo DRO problems - by stevec - 10-21-2013, 07:17 AM
RE: Mitutoyo DRO problems - by f350ca - 10-21-2013, 08:36 AM
RE: Mitutoyo DRO problems - by EdK - 10-21-2013, 08:49 AM
RE: Mitutoyo DRO problems - by stevec - 10-21-2013, 12:12 PM
RE: Mitutoyo DRO problems - by EdK - 10-21-2013, 04:40 PM
RE: Mitutoyo DRO problems - by stevec - 10-22-2013, 07:17 AM
RE: Mitutoyo DRO problems - by EdK - 10-22-2013, 08:59 AM