The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

1883 Parker 12ga double barrel, what to do with it.
My father passed a few weeks ago and i grabbed this old Parker double that has been hanging on the wall in his weld shop office for the last 30 years. Shame on me for not wiping it with oil every time i went to visit. So its an old, broke, slopy, abused wall hanger but its still a Parker. I took it to a gun shop today hoping to trade it for something i can shoot. They weren't even interested. The customers all took turns admiring the old girl and even offered some tips on how to clean it up. I can clean it but i don't want to ruin any value if there is any ( i watch pawn stars too). I don't plan on shooting it but i don't want to leave it all rusty looking (maybe i should) For now she can stand in the corner. It has 30" barrels and prob replacement wood but i am not sure. Lots of slop in the hinge. Rusty on the outside but pretty clean under the barrel on the water table and in the barrels. One hammer works so one side will fire. It has TPARKER on the left hammer and some small scroll work engraved at the end of the barrels at the breech. That i have seen in some pictures of nice guns. So open for options...Bob

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
1883 Parker 12ga double barrel, what to do with it. - by aametalmaster - 10-26-2013, 06:21 PM