The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Drawings for no fog coolant mister
Attached is a zip file containing seven drawings in PDF format. These drawings are the plans for a no fog coolant system that I am building.

Compressed air is required, but the design will apply coolant to your cutting tools without creating a foggy mist in the air when it is used properly. In practice, the air volume is turned up just enough to gently blow chips away from the cutting area, which will also carry small droplets of coolant to the tool.

Most dimensions can be changed without issue, however there are two dimensions that are critical: the .040" hole in the mixing block, and the .040" hole in the nozzle. The air passage through the mixing block must be large enough to slow the speed of the air flowing through it, but must be small enough for the air to travel fast enough to carry the droplets of coolant along.

I made my mixing block from brass for three reasons, but aluminum could be used: 1. I like the look of brass 2. It was what I had 3. Allows assembly by soldering if desired

The drawings show using only one regulator on the system, but two can be used, providing different pressure settings for the mixer air and for the fluid reservoir.

This coolant system could be used with any light coolant, such as Kool Mist, WD-40, or even soluble oil. Heavy cutting oils will most likely not work well with this system.

The drawings and bill of materials depict the system as I am currently building mine. If it becomes necessary to make changes to a drawing, I will do so and post the revised drawing here, replacing the original, then will post a note to the thread. As always, some individuals will do some things differently, and that is okay.

Comments and ideas are welcome, let me know what you think.

.zip   NO_FOG_MISTER.zip (Size: 170.88 KB / Downloads: 166)
[Image: coffee2.gif]

Terry
Making stuff with old machines.
Thanks given by: Mayhem , EdK , Hawkeye , DaveH , chucketn , Bill Gruby , Vinny

Messages In This Thread
Drawings for no fog coolant mister - by terrywerm - 01-05-2014, 04:00 PM
RE: Drawings for no fog coolant mister - by TomG - 01-05-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: Drawings for no fog coolant mister - by EdK - 01-05-2014, 07:42 PM
RE: Drawings for no fog coolant mister - by Shawn - 01-09-2014, 03:57 AM
RE: Drawings for no fog coolant mister - by EdK - 01-25-2015, 09:10 AM