The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Help kalamazoo boat anchor or band saw
I recently purchased a Kalamazoo band saw model P43 probably pretty old three phase. Converted it to single phase same hp motor same speed. i refurbished the hydraulic ram (it works great) replaced the blade brush. oiled the moving parts. Here's my problem I purchased a 14 tooth carbon steel blade (probably not a good decision). I'm retired money is tight. The machine is running as slow as i can get it ,53 FPM and the arm spring tension is set to position #5. Anyway i lower the arm using the hydraulics and it starts cutting i control the rate with the hydraulics. The blade stalls i lift the arm and lower it back onto the piece and it growls like a dog and strips the teeth off the blade for about 2 inches. (I didn't drop the arm i lowered it very slowly) it looks like the blade loads up and a piece if a chip catches in the kerf and jams tight and stalls the blade when i lower the blade the teeth catch on the jammed in chip and the stripping of teeth starts. i am cutting a piece of 1.5" round hot roll steel. In my shop one blade has to last a long time i need to figure this out before i invest in a bi-metal blade. Any and all advice and help would be appreciated. I know this is simple but i can't see the trees for the forest.
Mr Green Wilson
Perkins@twc.com
mr green wilson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2014.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
kalamazoo boat anchor or band saw - by mr green wilson - 01-20-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: kalamazoo boat anchor or band saw - by PixMan - 01-20-2014, 10:25 PM
RE: kalamazoo boat anchor or band saw - by TomG - 01-21-2014, 12:10 AM
RE: kalamazoo boat anchor or band saw - by f350ca - 01-21-2014, 02:15 AM
RE: kalamazoo boat anchor or band saw - by stevec - 01-21-2014, 08:23 AM
RE: kalamazoo boat anchor or band saw - by stevec - 01-21-2014, 04:32 PM
RE: kalamazoo boat anchor or band saw - by PixMan - 01-22-2014, 12:14 AM
RE: kalamazoo boat anchor or band saw - by EdK - 01-22-2014, 06:34 AM