The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Stuck Revolving Centre in Tailstock Spindle
Hello guys,

Been a while since my last post. I've not been playing for quite some time.

Couple of nights back, I was cleaning up the shop to prepare to start a job. Walked past the lathe and saw some rust between the revolving centre and the tailstock spindle. So I took a tooth brush to brush away the rust on the surface. When trying to eject the centre, I found it stuck tight. So I took the spindle off the tailstock and pour some light oil inside and around the mating portion. Next day, I tried removing it about. No joy. Using a steel rod against the base of the centre, I tried hammering it out. Again, it wouldn't barge. Next came the Proxxon micro-torch on the spindle. Still it refused to give in.

[Image: 81A20AD0-A2AF-46F4-847D-C68E301CF9F5_zpsavot83ma.jpg]

Anything else I can do other than ordering another spindle? I know I should have taken out the centre when not using the lathe but it's too late to cry now....

Appreciate any help.

Wongster
Wongster
http://www.wongstersproduction.com

Proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2012.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Stuck Revolving Centre in Tailstock Spindle - by Wongster - 05-24-2014, 10:21 PM