Pulling a stuck case
(10-17-2014, 07:47 AM)JScott Wrote: My multi-anvil mic says that neck wall thickness in this brass varies less than 0.001".  I don't have a neck reamer for the .270 (or a turner) so these are just factory R-P cases that have been sized and trimmed to length.  I am pretty sure that this rifle wouldn't benefit from neck turning.

The next step is the shooting to see if the ammo sorted by concentricity shows any difference on the target.  I may have to cobble up some wind flags to help me dope out the conditions to help keep things equal.

If you all are interested I can start another thread with more details and results of this experiment.

That is a pretty consistent thickness for factory brass.  Then again, I'm used to dealing with once fired military brass which can be all over the map.  Big Grin

Head over to the local home center for cheap wind flags. Couple of wood dowels, a roll or two of surveyors tape, and Bob's your uncle. Thumbsup

I would love to see a thread about your procedure and results. Don't forget you are in the mist of a bunch of metalworking accuracy geeks!
Not having a reamer or turner is just an excuse to get out into the shop and make them!  Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Pulling a stuck case - by JScott - 10-16-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: Pulling a stuck case - by TomG - 10-16-2014, 11:17 AM
RE: Pulling a stuck case - by Highpower - 10-17-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: Pulling a stuck case - by JScott - 10-17-2014, 07:47 AM
RE: Pulling a stuck case - by Highpower - 10-17-2014, 10:57 AM