Customizing a field stock for a pump shotgun
Thanks Tom. I'm thinking "rasp" may have been the wrong description on my part. I bought one of these Grobet "Vulcanite" files because it has both course and fine cut sides. I've seen them described as for jewelers, for carving wax molds? And I also see them for fine detail work on wood? I'm not sure what they are actually made for.  Rotfl 

http://www.toolsforworkingwood.com/store...etail_File

At any rate, I'm just guessing filing across the grain is to be avoided at all cost - correct?
I'll need to work on thinning the comb a bit too because of my fat head, but I want to finish getting it fit to the receiver and get the recoil pad installed first. Oh.... and the replacement miter saw is a go!  No rust, 3/32" backlash at the blade tip, no burning smell and only took some minor adjustments to get the blade perfectly square to the table and the fence.  Smiley-dancenana

But I've got other issues I need to deal with right now. Heater hoses on the wife's car and I discovered some rust holes in my furnace vent pipes. So now I have to clear a ton of stuff out of the basement to get at them. I can never finish a single project without interruptions. <sigh>
But the furnace vent gets priority of course because I'll have to turn it on here before long, and I'd rather not wake up dead some morning.  Happyno

Back to work......
Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Question - by Highpower - 10-18-2014, 10:47 AM
RE: Customizing a field stock for a pump shotgun - by Highpower - 10-27-2014, 10:12 AM