Thoughts on an old AR upper reciever
Thank you for taking the time to reply, Willie. You managed to find the photos (linked here: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/alangane...AR%20upper ) before I got around to posting them here. It's been a bit confusing around my place...

Excellent info  there, and I'm impressed that you picked up on the "C" and "K" molded in the side. I have no idea how many times I have looked this thing over and never noticed those before. The light as to be just right for me to pick them up.

Some of the replies and a few PM's I've gotten already prompted me to discard the idea of modifying it. One of my son's sort of wants it to do a build, largely because of the connection to the guy I got it from. So that's what I'll likely do with it.

Info like this is exactly why I asked the question. If this was just some garden variety piece that was nothing in particular, I would not feel too bad about modifying it, but this is reason enough to just use as is.

I sort of like the look of the older AR's. The one I have now is closer to that style, A1 upper with a forward assist, triangular handguards and such. Not 100% in every detail, but close enough for me. Decent shooter as well.

Probably gonna have to find a slab side lower now....

Thank you again for the info. Most helpful!!

-Al
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on an old AR upper reciever - by alanganes - 12-23-2014, 03:15 PM