The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

I'm Glad Pixman Wasn't Watching
I did a job for a friend this last weekend, new mounts for his Bobcat's hydraulic driven snowblower. The two pieces was some kind of 3/4" thick steel plate, they were in and out of the mill 3 or 4 times and switching back and forth between, 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" carbide end mills. 

I make parts in the shop all the time, I own mills and lathes and know enough to keep my fingers, hands and sleeves out of the machine's moving parts. I'm by no means a "professional" with this stuff, but I usually can get the job done, while not made to NASA specs, they work as intended.

After the friend left (for the 3 rd time, first 2 were for test fits, then more mods), I was cleaning up and it dawned on me I never changed the spindle rpm (1800 rpm), when I changed end mill sizes, I just sped up or slowed down the table feed until it looked (and sounded) like it was cutting ok. At that point, I thought, boy am I glad Ken didn't see that. It would probably would be a little (or lot) too crude for his taste.

Burner, snowblower, snowmobile parts, alternator/power steering/oil cooler brackets, flow out of the shop at a steady rate, but damn, I don't do this as a living, if I did, I'd starve.
jack
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
I'm Glad Pixman Wasn't Watching - by the penguin - 01-12-2015, 07:32 PM
RE: I'm Glad Pixman Wasn't Watching - by PixMan - 01-12-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: I'm Glad Pixman Wasn't Watching - by PixMan - 01-12-2015, 11:36 PM
RE: I'm Glad Pixman Wasn't Watching - by mike-sid - 01-13-2015, 10:50 PM
RE: I'm Glad Pixman Wasn't Watching - by Mayhem - 01-13-2015, 04:55 AM
RE: I'm Glad Pixman Wasn't Watching - by Mayhem - 01-14-2015, 09:09 AM
RE: I'm Glad Pixman Wasn't Watching - by Mayhem - 01-14-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: I'm Glad Pixman Wasn't Watching - by mike-sid - 01-14-2015, 05:39 PM