The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Help newbie question about welding stainless sheetmetal
Hello,
Sorry if this question is a bit moot, but I have to ask it. I've been wanting to weld some stainless sheetmetal, or perhaps even corrugated stainless sheetmetal.

I have recently moved back to the farm and have access to a lincoln electric wire feed welder, which has the argon (I think?) gas.

Can you weld stainless sheetmetal with this? I've heard two stories: one is no. The other is yes, if you get flux-cored stainless wire and use the gas (or maybe something different than argon?).

We also have a couple different stick welders (cheapo AC/DC+ stick and a self-contained lincoln electric generator / welder AC/DC+/-). Would either of these be viable options?

This is assuming I could pick the "right" grade of stainless and practice, of course, before I do anything important.

Thanks!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
newbie question about welding stainless sheetmetal - by joefriday - 03-21-2015, 11:48 PM