Photos Of Old Workshops 100 Years Ago
In short I used to work for a nice small co in private machine shop.... after we purchase those2 machines those days are over.... after 12 months we finally put exhaust fan Yes we do have 2 squirrel cage blowers on the machine but that still don't cut it. After bout 1-1/2 hours the shop is filled with Solder/ flux fume Gets heavy thick in about 3 hours .. ..I get headaches worse after about 2 days in a row ill feel hangover. Please don't even mention OSHA They came out when another employee reported. Yup and he's gone. now ... Of course we passed OSHA tests they tested air quality ya da yada this gets real involved don't get me started... been there done that Long time ago with another Co.... Unless your dumping or really breaking rules you are One guy.... OSHA IS NOT big brother and they do not police. It states that the EMPLOYER is responsible for protecting employee . It mandates safety and regulation . again mandates NOT mandatory. Not policed I learned long ago rules and regs what employer / what employee responsibilies.. Its not worth it anymore for me to fight ... I can leave gracefuly ..Im not into trying to go disability root Not my style in who I am.... Anways Bottom line is we are not out of compliance. Our co we are small potatatoes to OSHA .. Unless MANY folks more than ONE report or they have good reason to believe we are dumping we will pass inspection every year...
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Photos Of Old Workshops 100 Years Ago - by Kennyv - 05-29-2015, 11:41 PM
RE: Photos Of Old Workshops 100 Years Ago - by Kennyv - 05-31-2015, 02:48 PM