The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Idea Tool post grinder idea , belt sander upgrade.
Well played hooky today   it was nice to have day off .....didn't get much done but enjoyed  every minute piddling around in the garage lota ideas lota starting dif  projects . Mr Ups man came and brought me a nice package of  some new index-able mills. Organized my insert boxes took inventory of what needed and even thought of a few new  ideas for  collet wrack tool ,wrack . Next on the to do list.    WIP (work in progress) Now  My first priority is to get  my but moving  assembling this bench idea I have .  So to get  all the bench tools  functional again. That way I can get something done ….Hope that made sense..lol  

Well went out hunting tonight and came back with a few things that may just help . I was fishin on Craigs list  and just so happened to find something of interest . The guy was a mile away how could I resist. taking a look right?  Anyways.I caved in guys  well  lets say compromised.  I wanted to build a belt sander . And than this happened   Yea an underpowered  chepo delta .......... sooooooo I guess for now I  will modify the one I just scored on. Most likely im gona use a 3/4 HP grinder and modiphy with external belt and  pulley. Else ill  caddy the two machines and use the drive off the shaft of grinder. What do you all think?

Hey have a look of this old BD 1-1/2 HP  router . I smell  a tool post grinder on that one .  What do ya all think ? And check this out an Old Craftsmen  10 amp 1-3/4HP Circular saw .Thats a bull of a motor  I could not pass up the deal . Any ideas what I can make of it?
Metal Chop saw ?   What else may be practical ? Be creative but dont  joke about it. Seriously im looking  for ideas  to make something useful for the shop.

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF0749.JPG (Size: 60.46 KB / Downloads: 106)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Tool post grinder idea , belt sander upgrade. - by Kennyv - 06-16-2015, 11:47 PM