Cantek 1440, Birmingham, Wilton CT 1440, and others Rebuild
Well after taking a break and getting some other stuff done around the house, I decided to do some more on the lathe. The tailstock ways issue definitely bummed me out and put me off the project, but what do I do, scrap the thing? So I finished the gearbox and that fueled me up a bit.
[Image: FinishedGearbox.jpg?dl=0]
After getting a grinding wheel from Kijiji (my favorite place to buy stuff) an adapter bushing had to be made..
[Image: grinderbegin.jpg?dl=0]
Tack it.
[Image: tackBushing.jpg?dl=0]
Weld it.
[Image: weldBushing.jpg?dl=0]
Turned part.
[Image: turnedBushing.jpg?dl=0][Image: GrindWheelFitted.jpg?dl=0]
I wasn't feeling in the mood, so I didn't take as many pictures as usual. I had to come up with a way to hold the grinder rigidly and permit downfeed.
[Image: grinderLayout.jpg?dl=0][Image: clampSetup1.jpg?dl=0][Image: clampSetup2.jpg?dl=0][Image: slottedGrinderJig.jpg?dl=0]

That's it for now. Things are slow going with driving kids to school and other responsibilities this time of year. This whole assembly will be mounted on some sort of sled at 45 degree angles to the bed. Fear leads to procrastination!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cantek 1440, Birmingham, Wilton CT 1440, and others Rebuild - by turbo711 - 09-12-2016, 07:07 PM