The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Rotary table- how does this size look on me?
In the un-ending quest for more and more hardware, I have been looking out for a rotary table for my mill. I have come across one that looks like an okay thing and the guy seems prepared to deal on it, it's about 2 1/2 hours drive each way to pick it up but that's no biggie, I'm just wondering if perhaps it might be a bit too big for my Victoria (Elliott) U2 horizontal.
The rotary table in question is a 400mm (14") unit that weighs about 120kg (somewhere around 250 pounds). The table on my mill is 300mm (12") wide. Given that the vertical attachment on the U2 does not have a quill, all Z-axis movement is done from the knee; this being the case, I'm also wondering whether this would be unreasonably heavy to crank up and down.
Being a rank novice to all this stuff, and never having actually used a rotary table, I'd be keen to hear the collective forum wisdom on this one.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Rotary table- how does this size look on me? - by Pete O - 10-22-2015, 02:39 AM