The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

New Tooling Sticker Shock & Confusion
I am doing an inventory of the tooling that my friend who passed away had and find 20 brand new Ultratool chucking Reamers. Looks like solid carbide to me and some carbide with steel shanks. So I surf over to their website and download the catalog. I know that my buddy Joe bought those reamers about 15 years ago or so. each one has an extensive set of numbers on it yet the the numbers dont correspond to the ones in the catalog except for the decimal sizes, Example: One reamer has on it, TO1302-364-206 and .6875-06876 ULTRATOOL. Its a carbide head with straight steel shank and straight flutes. So I measure the the flute length and count them, measure overall length and match it up by those specs. So I have 3 questions. Is there some cryptic numbering code I dont know about? Is my method of determining what cost is at todays pricing valid and close enough? What percentage of that cost do you think I should sell them for to be fair to both the seller (his widow) and the buyer? Wait, another question. Think it would be easier to sell everything as a package or individually? Package would be sizeable. JetGH-1340 lathe thats pretty clean, 220v 3phase with everything plus a quick change tool post. A Rutland mill 16" swing with a really nice mill vise also 220v 3phase. A Phase A Matic R3 Rotary Converter and I am at the tip of the iceberg on the tooling. If memory serves me he got the mill about 20 years ago, the lathe 4 or 5 years after that. Then he got sick. That equipement  has been sitting idle for at least ten years so there is not a lot of run time on them at all. I appreciate any input you can throw my way. That one reamer i mentioned earlier is in that catalog for $118. I am so blessed. The micro parts i work on. Carbide scribes ground to shape. I havent spent $100 on cutting bits in the last 20 years. I should have both machines dusted off and have a few pictures by this evening. Thanks again.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
New Tooling Sticker Shock & Confusion - by docclock - 11-05-2015, 01:51 PM