Dummy D1-4 Nose Spindle ER25 Collet Chuck Pt. 1
I don't have a clue as to the availability of back plates, etc in your neck of the woods, but the taper matching up perfectly is just one aspect you need to accomplish.  The other is the studs/pins which fit into the cam locks.  While not nearly as demanding as the taper never the less they too require decent accuracy.  The pins should also be hardened properly and the commercially manufactured ones have a line machined on them to indicate just how far out of the back plate they should extend.

If there is a supplier I recommend buying back plates that you can mount on your spindle nose and finish machining to fit your chucks and other workholding attachments.  I'd contact Shars to see if he has a contact in SA that supplies what you need.

When you machine the back plates use a center punch on the outside to mark its Zero location on the spindle nose to make sure you mount it the same way each & every time.  I always use a 4 punch mark symbol on mine.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dummy D1-4 Nose Spindle ER25 Collet Chuck Pt. 1 - by Dr Stan - 06-02-2018, 08:48 AM