The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Long Term Storage
I just purchased my first Lathe and Milling Machine. They are both used, (around 3 years old I think). But still in perfect condition. 

I don't have room in my shop for them until June 2017. Even though I don't have the space for them in my shop I didn't want to let them slip threw my fingers. I got both pieces of equipment and all the accessories he had for the same price I was going to spend on a new but smaller lathe. I just couldn't pass it up!!

That being said I have to store both pieces until next June. They will be staying in my enclosed trailer until then. I'm a bit worried about the humidity that might be in the trailer once the snow starts to melt in the spring.

What should I do to protect the equipment from rusting? 
I have been told to cover them in plastic. Then told not to cover in plastic as it traps in the humidity. 
I have also been told to grease everything. Then told not to grease but to use a sticky oil. 
I want to protect them so they don't rust, but also easy to clean up once I set the machines up. If possible I don't want to have to spend hours cleaning before I can start using them. 

I'm just curious as to what others have done and how successful it was at preventing rust?

Trevor
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Long Term Storage - by Cross Slide - 08-29-2016, 06:23 PM
RE: Long Term Storage - by Roadracer_Al - 08-29-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: Long Term Storage - by f350ca - 08-29-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: Long Term Storage - by EdK - 08-29-2016, 08:22 PM
RE: Long Term Storage - by Dr Stan - 08-29-2016, 08:42 PM
RE: Long Term Storage - by Cross Slide - 08-29-2016, 10:06 PM