1945 Craftsman 101.07403 CNC Conversion
Wow, that is a beautiful lathe and base! I think if mine had the transmission on it I would just use it and be very happy. I have the full stack of change gears, and as I sit here wanting to complain I know that it isn't THAT difficult to change them out, but it is definitely annoying. The lathes that I have seen locally that are similarly sized but have the transmission run between $2500-3500 which is more than I can fork out currently.

I visited an open house for the company that I would like to work for after I finish my program and the gentleman I was talking to said that he had some resources that would help me. I sent him and email to see what he's got. He was strongly encouraging me to use a Mitsubishi controller and electronics, but the more I think about it the more I think that he didn't understand how small my lathe is. After all, we were standing near a Mazak VC-500A 5X milling a turbine blade, an Integrex i-400ST and a couple other mind bogglingly expensive and beautiful machines that they sell and service.
SnailPowered, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Aug 2012.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1945 Craftsman 101.07403 CNC Conversion - by SnailPowered - 08-08-2017, 05:18 PM