The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Frankenmill: Bridgeport J head onto Victoria U2
I thought I might as well open up a thread on this, even though I don't expect to make any progress on it for some time. The step-pulley J-head arrived yesterday from Western Austraila, thanks very much to Darren (Mayhem) who tested it, purchased it on my behalf, partially dismantled, secured it on a pallet and boxed it in for the transcontinental journey and then took a day out of his busy schedule to drop it into a transport depot. Very much appreciated Darren.
I unpacked the box today and revealed the beginning of what I expect to be a long-term project.

The goal of the project will be to have a sturdy machine with the versatility of the Bridgeport (including tilt and nod, although the latter promises to be a major challenge) along with power feed on the table, saddle and knee; maintaining full horizontal capability without having to dismount the head. And learning a lot along the way.
The key to this project is going to be finding where this part

attaches to this part

I'm thinking of using duct tape and taking light cuts.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Frankenmill: Bridgeport J head onto Victoria U2 - by Pete O - 09-06-2017, 02:16 AM