Frankenmill: Bridgeport J head onto Victoria U2
(09-22-2017, 06:35 AM)SteveG Wrote: Which flavour of "Simple Green" are you using Pete?

Steve

This one https://www.bunnings.com.au/simple-green...r_p4470510. It's marketed as a concentrated refill for their household spray bottles. I know they have a wide range of stuff but this is the only one I've seen here so I thought I'd give it a try after reading positive comments on several forums. Don't think I'll be washing the car with it.
I've given the spindle bore a liberal spray with WD40 to hopefully avoid any surface corrosion, the outside of the casting has taken on a brown hue almost instantly.

After taking the housing out of the tub, I poured the well-used mixture over my tractor, left it for a while and then crawled all over (and under) it with the pressure washer, got to put it in the shed next week and split it in two to replace the clutch, install a new hydraulic pump and several other big jobs on it. The SG made the washdown go pretty well, and this was all with it diluted about 15:1. Didn't make wallowing in the mud I was making any more pleasant though.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by: SteveG

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frankenmill: Bridgeport J head onto Victoria U2 - by Pete O - 09-22-2017, 06:52 AM