Frankenmill: Bridgeport J head onto Victoria U2
Thanks for the comment Tom, I had a fair idea someone might mention the lack of bolts particularly into the top plate. I plan to have at least two more bolts in the top section, plus one more into each cheek plate but until the exact location of the nose casting is established (I need to install the overarm onto the mill and transfer the centerline of the hz spindle onto the front plate) I won't be able to determine exactly where the extra bolts will go. I need to be able to assemble the nose casting onto the front plate before mounting the front plate onto the front end of the overarm. The nose casting will be bolted from behind the front plate, then the front plate / nose assembly bolted onto the front of the other three plates. Once I've positioned the (yet to be cast) nose casting on the front plate, I can determine the rest of the bolt pattern. The two bolts in the top plate will go all the way through from the rear of the top plate, through the front plate and be threaded into the casting from behind after mounting the front plate / nose assembly. So lots of deep holes to be drilled yet.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frankenmill: Bridgeport J head onto Victoria U2 - by Pete O - 02-16-2019, 05:30 PM