The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

15 foot long 1 inch acme threaded rod ...
It's been a long time since I've had any free time to visit this or any other site. In case you are interested, I was not ...

Incarcerated ...

Hospitalized ...

Abducted by some other site ...

It was work [project got worse before it got better] and a personal project from hell [PFH] that has kept me busy and leaving zero time for anything fun.

Anyway, what I am looking for is suggestions on where to get two reasonably priced 15 foot long acme threaded rods. The longest I have been able to find is 12 foot from McMaster, at about $70 each.

If I could figure out how to connect a 3 foot and a 12 foot together I'd be golden, but that has obvious challenges.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Arvid

p.s. It will be for a materials elevator in the PFH. I would like something that will lift materials from the first to the second floor of the new accessory building [can't call it a garage otherwise the city will require that I meet even more draconian ordinances that what I already have to meet] in the back. My last resort option will be a hoist and cables but I would like to go for more of an elevator approach if I can.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
15 foot long 1 inch acme threaded rod ... - by arvidj - 01-01-2018, 03:42 PM