Herless (rebranded Ta Fu Yuan) TFY-618 Surface Grinder
I took a couple of measurements on my grinder this afternoon Steve, the X-axis handwheel is 200mm O.D. and the X-axis travels 120mm per revolution. Also I checked the angle of the diamond in the dresser, it is 7.5 degrees from vertical. The picture below shows the dressing jig, I did find the hole in the base useful, it enabled me to bolt it to an angle block to dress the side of the wheel using Z-axis travel the couple of times I have wanted to side-wheel, the first of which was to grind the back fence of the chuck parallel to X.

Edit; just re-read your last post and thinking about the drive, it could be that there was a chain drive with the free ends of the chain connected by a cable, or connected to the underside of the table by a cable. A chain and sprocket would provide relatively positive position locking of the X-axis when this is required (such as dressing), mine is locked at the handwheel axle rather than the table itself.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Herless (rebranded Ta Fu Yuan) TFY-618 Surface Grinder - by Pete O - 03-01-2018, 07:57 AM