The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Homemade tool box drawer thickness ???
Well I built the stand for my mill so I could add a set of drawers underneath to add some extra weight and I need every inch of storage I can get. Was wondering from those that have done it what gauge sheet metal you went with? I was thinking 20 or 16 my drawers in my other boxes are thinner but they are also stamped to stiffen them. I had originally planned to get a bead roller but HF discontinued  there's and I haven't decided if I wanna pay 160 for the one from Woodward fab. Which is basically the same as the HF just more expensive. I also don't wanna drop a ton on sheet metal for the drawers trying to find the happy medium between cost and strength 💪 .what do y'all think ??? those that have done it what do you wish you had done differently if anything ??? My stand is 2x2  1/4 inch wall my plan to add rigidity and weight was to skin the inside and outside and fill that space with concrete would love to fill it with lead but I couldn't find that much lead and buying new lead would be pricey  so I figure concrete would be cheap and easy  then add drawers inside to make the base as heavy and dense as possible what do y'all think ????  Smiley-dancenana Smiley-dancenana

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Homemade tool box drawer thickness ??? - by Umahunter - 01-12-2019, 06:30 AM