Centrifugal switch on lathe motor ??? Help please
(01-20-2019, 02:45 AM)Umahunter Wrote: Well the start capacitor went out on my lathe motor and grizzly tech told me I need to adjust the centrifugal switch and linked me to a video they made. only problem is mine doesn't look anything like their video and seems to be pressed in place behind a bearing with the spring points outside that. I'm thinking this thing isn't adjustable I just wanna make sure I'm not missing something. I've got some pics hoping maybe someone with more knowledge than me can concur since of course I chose to do it on a weekend when they're closed  Smiley-dancenanai can take more pics of needed but the switch looks pressed on the shaft with no adjustment screw and the point plate looks to have two bends that make it a spring am I missing something ???

G'day Umahunter,

That was good advice about the possibility of a failed capacitor, usually tested by a multimeter with capacitance testing capability. However, frequently a failed capacitor may be confirmed by the "blown" convex 'bottom' and/or 'top' of the capacitor canister. In addition I recall there are other video's on u-tube about servicing various the centrifical switches which may be of assistance.

john aka castellated nut Western Australia
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Centrifugal switch on lathe motor ??? Help please - by castellated nut - 01-21-2019, 11:12 PM