Welding/cutting torch packing seals.
Last time I did that (several years ago) was when my acetylene regulator started creeping on me. Went over there to pick up a couple of regulator rebuild kits. Nope. They don't (WON'T) sell parts. They send everything out for repair and then charge you 75% of what it would cost to buy new regulators. As far as I know most LWS won't sell gas control parts because of the liability, which is understandable I suppose.

Even the places that do sell parts online and offer rebuild services, only sell valve assemblies as far as I know. The parts breakdown from Harris only shows them as an assembly. Since they are a SOB to get apart without damaging the stems I doubt any of those places are going to put the time and effort into making their own seals/packing. Not to mention the liability. I did have them apart to clean and lube them once before when they started to stiffen up. But the packing have gotten to where they are rock hard now. No idea what material the originals are made of.

The assemblies aren't all that expensive (~ $16 - $18 each) to replace which I'm doing anyway. But since I can afford to take my time with the old parts, I thought why not give it a go? Only problem is I've never tried machining PFTE before.  Sweat
Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welding/cutting torch packing seals. - by Highpower - 09-05-2019, 11:14 PM