The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Cylinder lease question
I have a question for those who have leased a cylinder in the past, and returned them at the end of the lease.

Did you get a written receipt that documented the fact you actually did return the cylinder? Description, date and time ect.?

I have two leased cylinders that I am going to return soon just to get out from under the leases early. The place I leased them from turned out to be a very sketchy company with questionable business practices. I will be returning these ahead of my lease expiration dates and I want written documentation from them that both cylinders were returned to them.

The reason for this is because they have tried to extort money out of me in the past, by saying I failed to pay for some items in a purchase. Threatened to turn me over to a collection agency. I had the receipts for all of it showing paid in full. The billing dept manager basically called me a liar and said they were going to file suit against me. Turns out they did the internal paperwork incorrectly so it was their fault all along, but I never even got so much as an apology out of them.

Based on this, I am expecting things to go one of two ways when I do return the cylinders.
1) They will refuse to give me anything in writing showing I returned their property.
2) They will say they can't print out a receipt right then and there, and they will "mail" it to me at a later date.

Of course that day will never come, so when the lease(s) do expire they will say I never returned the cylinders and threaten to sue me once again. And of course at that point I won't have any "proof" that I already returned them.

One of them is a 20 year lease, so I've never had to deal with returning a cylinder to them before. But because of my previous dealings with them I am expecting the worst.   Slaphead

I also have a third cylinder that I PURCHASED from them (not leased) that will be another issue at a later time. Bash
Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Cylinder lease question - by Highpower - 09-21-2019, 08:44 PM
RE: Cylinder lease question - by EdK - 09-22-2019, 08:37 AM
RE: Cylinder lease question - by Highpower - 09-22-2019, 01:27 PM
RE: Cylinder lease question - by Vinny - 09-22-2019, 08:09 PM
RE: Cylinder lease question - by Dr Stan - 09-22-2019, 09:03 PM
RE: Cylinder lease question - by Highpower - 09-23-2019, 02:36 AM
RE: Cylinder lease question - by TomG - 09-23-2019, 08:44 AM
RE: Cylinder lease question - by Highpower - 09-23-2019, 01:42 PM
RE: Cylinder lease question - by TomG - 09-23-2019, 01:50 PM