The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

drill chuck loosening
i dont know if i solved the problem or not as i didnt have any drilling to do but the action is now really nice and maybe that alone counts for something.

i had an old cheapo craftsman drill press key less chuck that would open up on me from time to time. its been a good press and it would have been great had i been able to time the openings with bit changes but that never happened.

i was looking into an adapter for an albrecht chuck and while at their site i read that (theirs i dont know if all are meant to be this way) oil inside the chuck is a bad thing and they are meant to run dry.

i took it apart and it was still heavily packed with the shipping cosmoline from 20 years ago.

when i say it was loosening up i mean that it was losing whatever tool it was holding, not separating from the drill press. it might be worth a shot if you have the same issues.
mikecwik, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
drill chuck loosening - by mikecwik - 05-23-2012, 03:17 PM
RE: drill chuck loosening - by stevec - 05-24-2012, 06:53 AM
RE: drill chuck loosening - by mikecwik - 05-24-2012, 07:41 AM