The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Dividing head from a right angle gearbox
I have 2 gearboxes a 40:1 which i am using and a 60:1 that i could have used but it is tied up right now so the 40:1 will do.
It has 2 hollow shafts so i made slip in shafts to hold the chuck which is threaded 1 1/2-8 and another shaft that you turn to hold the plates and the sector arms. I still need to bend the sector arms and make the rotating shaft turner handle as well a small pointer to line up the holes. I wanted something small that was sturdy so i could use it on my shaper. The division plates came from the UK via Ebay seller marypoppinsbag and she may make or have more more but any plate will work. I couldn't see making them since they were pretty cheap and nice. So as always enjoy the pics and if any questions just ask. I have more pics of the basic parts and will take more as i finish...Bob

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Dividing head from a right angle gearbox - by aametalmaster - 05-27-2012, 06:29 AM