The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Maybe some kind of chuck - Need ideas
I need something to hold a pen for laser engraving. All it needs to do is hold it straight and a stepper motor behind it will turn it. The pens are 10mm dia +/- 10%. I was using a roller rotary attachment but the pens have a pocket clip that isn't removable and putting small wheels on the pen didn't end well due to the above mentioned +/- 10%. Some pens fit perfect, some not at all and some so loose they fell off, that and it limits the area I can engrave.

So I'm thinking of a small chuck of some kind but it has to have jaws that won't mark the rubber barrel of the pen where it's holding it. Some small drill chucks are about right but have metal jaws that will leave marks. Sliding something over the end of the pen will get old fast when I'm doing hundreds of pens.

They make a rotary attachment similar to what I want to do, but it's MUCH too big and I only need it to hold straight, not multi angles. Here's one such attachment: https://www.ebay.com/itm/175456724785

So, anyone have any ideas? I already know I'll probably have to make it.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Maybe some kind of chuck - Need ideas - by Vinny - 10-20-2022, 10:25 AM