The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Help Rotary Table Disassembly
I have a 4" rotary table, similar to this one:

As I was milling (admittedly pushing it), it started to slip.  Adjustment/tightening of the handwheel had no effect.  It isn't the handle slipping, which I've had in the past, so I filed a small flat for the setscrew, and that holds nicely.  So, I broke down the setup, and took it to the bench to disassemble.  I can get the handwheel and housing off, but this doesn't let me get the table off.  A screw and washer on the bottom were removed, but it's still resisting me.  

The slipping seems to be with the main worm gear and the table.  I can't see a setscrew on it to tighten.  The gear itself and the worm mesh smoothly and show no signs of damage.

The bottom shows a bearing, what appears to be a shaft and am outer ring around that.  Tapping on one or both doesn't seem to move it at all.  Do I just need to release my inner animal and hammer it out?  Is there a setscrew on the main gear to hold it to the table?

My current project is dead in the water until I get this fixed.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Rotary Table Disassembly - by rleete - 07-01-2023, 12:47 PM
RE: Rotary Table Disassembly - by Highpower - 07-01-2023, 02:18 PM
RE: Rotary Table Disassembly - by rleete - 07-01-2023, 02:30 PM
RE: Rotary Table Disassembly - by rleete - 07-01-2023, 02:33 PM
RE: Rotary Table Disassembly - by Highpower - 07-01-2023, 02:45 PM
RE: Rotary Table Disassembly - by rleete - 07-01-2023, 04:28 PM