Latest delivery.
(07-23-2023, 06:38 AM)rubes Wrote: I should have taken my Fluke meter as a retirement gift when I left...hehehe

I have been lucky enough to have had a few new meters given to me. One of which is a Fluke 88 kit that Toyota presented to me as part of a reward package for reaching their highest certification level for technicians. I had no idea that was coming and I had just purchased my personal Fluke 87 on my own two months prior to that.  Slaphead

Still have both of them and they still work, although I have upgraded to Probe Master leads for them.

Fluke has a 75 year anniversary promotion going right now where you can pick a free item from different tiers depending on how much you spend on your purchase. In my tier they had a nice set of Fluke insulated pliers that are very well made (in Germany) that I wanted to get. After going to the web site to fill out the redemption form the pliers were grayed out so I couldn't chose them. "While supplies last."

You only get 4 items to choose from in each tier so then I picked the Fluke backpack / tool bag instead. They sent it to me and it is a joke. Made in China, very poorly constructed, hard to access, and incredibly off balance. A quick look at the reviews on Amazon shows them falling apart in the first month of use. The only thing attaching the carry handle to the top of the bag looks to be two 1/8" rivets through a single piece of fabric. The only thing attaching the plastic base to the bag fabric is a single row of stitching. A number of pics in the reviews show the base ripped off of the bag.  Slaphead

I really wanted that pliers set but I guess Fluke really wants to get rid of these POS tool bags instead. So they suddenly run out of the good tools (German made pliers set) during a promotion. How convenient.
Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Latest delivery. - by Highpower - 07-21-2023, 08:40 PM
RE: Latest delivery. - by EdK - 07-21-2023, 11:16 PM
RE: Latest delivery. - by Highpower - 07-22-2023, 08:37 AM
RE: Latest delivery. - by rubes - 07-22-2023, 01:18 PM
RE: Latest delivery. - by Highpower - 07-22-2023, 08:29 PM
RE: Latest delivery. - by rubes - 07-23-2023, 06:38 AM
RE: Latest delivery. - by Highpower - 07-23-2023, 12:40 PM