The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

How a welder can help with non-welding repair jobs
I see a lot of you commenting on here that you have welders and either don't use them because you say you can't weld, or because you have been putting off the welding jobs.

Well here is an example of how using a welder made a non-welding repair job a hell of a lot easier. When I say a non-welding repair job, I am referring to a job where a welder is not required to make the repair.

So, in another thread, I have been discussing the repair of the x-feed on a Kondia FV-1 mill that I have (the details on the repair job are HERE). Now the gearbox and motor assembly are difficult to work on on a bench, due to the shape of it. I couldn't do the repair and testing on the mill, as the mill is in my home shop and the lathe is in my shop at my Mum's house.

The solution - grab some scrap and make a bench stand to mount the assembly on. My welding bench has 4 slots (40mm wide) cut out of the top and all the edges are parallel, which makes set up easy. Here are some pics:

Base set up ready for welding (you can see the mounting plate and upright already welded in the background):

Upright and mounting plate welded on:

Gearbox and motor bolted on, ready for repair:

See how a welder can make life easier!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
How a welder can help with non-welding repair jobs - by Mayhem - 06-09-2012, 10:06 PM