The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Now that we have an expert on board ...
Hopefully Rick will be able to give me some guidance.

On another forum a joint is pictured for a 90 degree corner where two pieces of angle iron come together. The joint in question is the 3rd picture from the top in this link..

A few responses down in this link a fellow defines the joint as a "block and chip" joint and suggests if it is done correctly it has minimal distortion but does not provide any suggestions as to the specifics of "paying attention".

Given that I have a need for several minimal distortion corner joints to build a rectangular frame I thought I would ask our new resident expert if

(a) he knew of a similar joint that could be used for heavy rectangular tubing ... 2 x 6 x 3/8 ... and

(b) what the recommended weld order and direction might be to minimize the distortion.

My original intent was to simply miter the joints at 45 degrees and weld it together but after some research I think the mitered corner joint is probably the most susceptible to distortion and my rectangle will turn out to be a pretzel.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Arvid
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Now that we have an expert on board ... - by arvidj - 06-13-2012, 05:01 PM
RE: Now that we have an expert on board ... - by November X-ray - 06-17-2012, 05:17 PM