The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Repairing a Rigid Bandsaw
I have a 14" Rigid bandsaw that I converted to metal cutting by using a jackshaft reduction pulley setup to slow down the blade speed. This setup has worked great for several years until I was cutting some material and released that the blade wasn't tracking properly. I tried to adjust the tracking but no adjustment seemed to have an effect. I decided to take it apart to see what was the problem and discovered that the adjust block for the upper wheel that controls blade tension and tracking was broken. The block is made up of an aluminum casting that was not up to the task. Here is what it looked like.

I checked on line for a replacement part and found the assembly for $19 but back ordered to the manufacturer with no estimated deliverly date so I decided to make my own. I used some scrap steel I had on hand and will reuse the main shaft and pivot pins.

The main bracket is made out of 3/4" plate and 1" square tube for the spring pocket.

The tube was tig welded to the main bracket. The bracket already has a pocket machined for the tracking arm and the pivot holes drilled and reamed.

A boss is added for the adjusting screw using round bar with a flat milled on it.

The bracket rides in a slot on the saw frame so a flange is milled on the bracket.

Next is to make the adhusting arm
Collecting tools for 30 years.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Repairing a Rigid Bandsaw - by DanH - 06-24-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: Repairing a Rigid Bandsaw - by Highpower - 06-24-2012, 11:06 PM
RE: Repairing a Rigid Bandsaw - by DanH - 06-25-2012, 11:32 AM
RE: Repairing a Rigid Bandsaw - by ETC57 - 06-24-2012, 11:45 PM
RE: Repairing a Rigid Bandsaw - by krv3000 - 06-25-2012, 01:50 AM
RE: Repairing a Rigid Bandsaw - by DaveH - 06-25-2012, 03:36 AM
RE: Repairing a Rigid Bandsaw - by DanH - 06-25-2012, 11:38 AM