Installing a DRO Digital Read Out on a Lathe
I re-installed my carriage and cross slide with mounting plate. You can see the milled pickup area with two screws. I will make the pickup mounting beefy enough so that the tail stock hits the mount instead of the scale.

I used a dial gage to align the plate. I also aligned the scale which has a small amount of up and down play.

This photo shows he scale mounted. Next I need to make the bracket that connects the carriage to the pickup.

The reason I went to the trouble of making my mounting plate with end plates is that they will support the cover I'm going to make. The cover adds extra protection from oil and swarf getting into the scale.

More photos coming soon.
henryarnold, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing a DRO Digital Read Out on a Lathe - by Bogstandard - 07-03-2012, 03:58 PM
RE: Installing a DRO Digital Read Out on a Lathe - by Bogstandard - 07-04-2012, 05:43 AM
RE: Installing a DRO Digital Read Out on a Lathe - by henryarnold - 07-04-2012, 01:21 PM
RE: Installing a DRO Digital Read Out on a Lathe - by Bogstandard - 07-06-2012, 01:23 AM
RE: Installing a DRO Digital Read Out on a Lathe - by Bill Gruby - 07-06-2012, 10:22 AM