Installing a DRO Digital Read Out on a Lathe
(07-07-2012, 07:50 AM)DaveH Wrote: Henry,

Looks terrific Smiley-signs107 Thumbsup

That bracket that holds the "scale pick up" did that come with the kit or did you make it ? (The bracket with the 2 round holes in)
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Dave,
The carriage brackets with the round holes came with the kit. I have to say that Meister doesn't provide as many brackets or hardware as some of their competitors. There were no brackets for the cross slide scale so I had to make my own. Although they provide the carriage brackets, there were no screws so again I had to provide my own. This seems odd since screws don't cost that much. One of the other EBay vendors provides a whole bunch of hardware including shims. For ~$500 you would think that everything needed would be in the box. The manual is also very light on installation instructions for the DRO scales. It appears that they assume that you know how to install a DRO and that the correct clearances are all that is needed. They do remind you to not point the rubber seals in the up direction. In the coming weeks I'll do a mini review of the Meister DRO.
Henry
henryarnold, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing a DRO Digital Read Out on a Lathe - by Bogstandard - 07-03-2012, 03:58 PM
RE: Installing a DRO Digital Read Out on a Lathe - by Bogstandard - 07-04-2012, 05:43 AM
RE: Installing a DRO Digital Read Out on a Lathe - by Bogstandard - 07-06-2012, 01:23 AM
RE: Installing a DRO Digital Read Out on a Lathe - by Bill Gruby - 07-06-2012, 10:22 AM
RE: Installing a DRO Digital Read Out on a Lathe - by henryarnold - 07-07-2012, 10:09 AM